Sunday, November 1, 2015

C is for Collaborative Conversations





The past two weeks, the #LeadLAP challenges have helped me to slow down and analyze my actions as a leader. I have made a conscious effort take time to appreciate those around me and notice the impact of the work that is being done in our school. The choices we make each day continually affect the culture in our buildings. Our actions combined with body language, word choice, and presence truly makes a difference. 

Sometimes as leaders we get so busy trying to take care of everything happening in our buildings that we forget to truly sit down and listen from the experts right in front of us.  This week, Shelley Burgess (@Burgess_Shelley) and I continue our ANCHOR challenge with "C is for Collaborative Conversations." Shelley has done a beautiful job of outlining the challenge in her blog http://shelleyburgess.com/ I extend the challenge to my PLN. You do not have to be in an administrative position to join us. This week's challenge could be especially powerful when conferencing with students. I'm actually challenging myself to have collaborative conversations not only a teachers, but also students this week. I can't wait to find out the similarities and differences between the two. I'll keep you posted throughout the week in our hashtag #LeadLAP.  Please share your stories as well. Shelley and I will cohost a 30 minute chat this Friday, November 6th from 7:30-8:00pm CST to reflect on the challenge. We would love to have you join us! 

C is for Collaborative Conversations Resources:

Click HERE for a Google Document that I designed from Shelley's blog that can be printed off as a guide as you are having the collaborative conversations. You can also print off the graphic below.



2 comments:

  1. The "cannonballs" concept is great! There's so much potential to improve these conversations—and have far more of them—with a bit of collective challenge!

    Thanks for your leadership. The profession needs it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Justin! Inspired by your leadership daily!

      Delete